Tag: 爱上海419

  • Pensioner to face rape charges at central criminal court

    first_imgPrint Report by Andrew CareySign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up A 62-year-old man has been sent forward for trial to the Central Criminal Court on allegations of rape and sexual assault of a young Limerick girl over a five year period in the early 90s.The man, who can not be named for legal reasons, had been charged before Judge Eugene O’Kelly at Limerick District Court last February after he was arrested at his home in the Northside of the city.This Wednesday, the book of evidence was served and he was sent forward for trial to the Central Criminal Court.Facing a total of 33 charges, gardaí originally arrested the man after a complaint was made by the young woman. He made no reply when charged.The charges relate to dates between 1991 and 1995 at locations in Limerick.The 62 year-old was remanded on continuing custody on his own bond of €1,000 to the current sittings of a the Central Criminal Court. Facebook Advertisement NewsBreaking newsPensioner to face rape charges at central criminal courtBy admin – October 10, 2013 1212 Emailcenter_img Twitter Linkedin Previous articleSupermacs boss to address post budget Limerick breakfastNext articleMunster ‘A’ side named for B&I opener admin WhatsApplast_img read more

  • Italy’s toll tops 10,000 despite long lockdown

    first_imgThe coronavirus toll in Italy shot past 10,000 on Saturday and showed little sign of slowing despite a 16-day lockdown.The 889 new fatalities reported in the world’s worst-hit nation came a day after it registered 969 deaths on Friday — the highest single toll since the COVID-19 virus emerged late last year.Italy now looks certain to extend its economically debilitating — and emotionally stressful — business closures and the ban on public gatherings past their April 3 deadline. Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte told Italians late Saturday to be ready to spend more time cooped up at home.”If one is being reasonable, one cannot envision a quick return to normal life,” Conte said in his latest sombre television address.The monumental economic toll of fighting the pandemic has triggered a huge row among European leaders about how best to respond.The southern European nations worst-hit by the virus are urging the EU to go abandon its budget rules.The bloc has already loosened its purse strings in ways not seen since the 2008-2009 global financial crisis.But Conte argues that this is not enough.France is backing a push by Italy and Spain for the EU to start issuing “corona bonds” — a form of common debt that governments sell to raise money to address individual economic needs.More spendthrift nations such as Germany and the Netherlands are baulking at the idea of joint debt.Conte said he and German Chancellor Angela Merkel had “not just a disagreement but a hard a frank confrontation” this week about how to proceed.”If Europe does not rise to this unprecedented challenge, the whole European structure loses its raison d’etre to the people,” Conte told Saturday’s edition of the Il Sole 24 Ore financial newspaper.The entire eurozone is expected to slip into a recession over the coming months.But Italy is facing the threat of a near economic collapse after being the first European country to shutter almost all its businesses on March 12.Some forecasts suggest that its economy — the third-largest among nations that use the euro common currency — could contract by as much as seven percent this year.It shrank by 5.3 percent of gross domestic product in 2009.Conte warned that EU leaders were in danger of making “tragic mistakes”.”I represent a country that is suffering a lot and I cannot afford to procrastinate,” Conte said.The energetic 55-year-old has seen his popularity shoot up thanks to a general sense that he has been doing all he could.A growing number of medics are warning that Italy’s fatalities could be much higher because retirement homes often do not report all their COVID-19 deaths.The number of people who have died from the new disease at home is also unknown.”This is something very different from the 2008 crisis,” Conte warned in the newspaper interview.”We are at a critical point in European history.”Topics : “Is it time to reopen the country? I think we have to think about it really carefully,” civil protection service chief Angelo Borrelli told reporters.”The country is at a standstill and we must maintain the least amount of activity possible to ensure the survival of all.”Italians had begun to hope that their worst disaster in generations was easing after the increase in daily death rates began to slow on March 22.But the new surge has changed the Mediterranean nation’s mood.last_img read more

  • AH Celebrates Completion of New Borough Hall

    first_imgATLANTIC HIGHLANDS — “Finally,” said John Scheidt, president of Santorini Construction company, offering a sigh of relief and a smile of appreciation as the borough celebrated the completion of a two-year, $6 million renovation of the borough municipal building at 100 First Ave.Though a few small tasks remain to be done before the building is fully operational, Scheidt joined Mayor Frederick J. Rast III, the Borough Council, former mayors and borough employees in a New Year’s Day ribbon-cutting ceremony at the new facility.While the project was more expensive than projected and slightly behind the projected timeline, there were extenuating circumstances that contributed to the cost increases and delays, said Borough Administrator Adam Hubeny.Those included changes and upgrades the governing body agreed upon, and some snags related to utility work and issues with the weather, Hubeny said.The project came in at approximately $300,000 over the initial cost projections.Rast and the governing body decided to move forward with the renovation and expansion project back in 2009, to address long discussed concerns about the old borough facilty.Officials had admitted the municipal building, which contains its business offices, public library and police headquarters and dates back to 1970, had become too small to accommodate modern needs, did not adhere to handicap accessibility requirements, and had developed moisture and mold problems. Rast, with the support of the six-member council (four Republican and two Democrats), said it would be financially prudent for them to move forward with a plan to renovate and add additional space. He argued, given the economic climate many contractors faced, the borough would likely get very attractive bids and quite low interest rates, making it a propitious time to undertake the large project.“They had enough foresight to move forward with this project in difficult economic times,” the mayor said of the council. “They really saved a lot of money.”The borough also saved some money by taking an offer from the Avaya telecommunications company, which offered the borough office furniture from its closed Middletown facility. That, Rast said, probably saved about $100,000. Another cost saving measure, officials have said in the past, was for the local library to join the county system, with the county responsible for salaries and benefits.“Unless you’ve worked in construction, it’s difficult to appreciate a renovation as opposed to a new construction,” explained project architect Eli Goldstein. “And this was no ordinary renovation.”The project took the site’s existing 10,000 square feet and expanded it by another 8,000, officials explained when they broke ground on the project in March 2010. With the added space, “This building will allow us to grow,” and should continue to be viable for another 50 years or more, Hubeny said.And in the final analysis, Hubeny said, “You will be very happy as residents and taxpayers when you see what was done inside.”“We are happy with what we have,” said Police Chief Gerard Vasto of his new police headquarters.The old headquarters were built in 1970 and “built for 1970,” he said. Now, “Everything flows so well downstairs,” where the department will be situated, he said.“The officers will truly have a police headquarters that is truly functional,” the chief said, noting the department should be housed in the new facility within the week.Atlantic Highlands Mayor Fred Rast cuts the ribbon at the newly-renovated Borough Hall.last_img read more

  • Brand South Africa is now on Instagram

    first_imgCatch all of South Africa’s picturesque moments on our new Instagram page. (Image: Brand South Africa)Brand South Africa has now joined Instagram. You can experience South Africa’s natural beauty and awesome people wherever you are. So join us on our journey.We are a warm people living in a beautiful country. We are a country of 52 million stories. We want South Africans to tell their own story. It is for this reason we have launched our Instagram page today.In celebration of the launch, we’re giving you the chance to win a weekend getaway in South Africa for two.Upload an image of your South Africa and tag @BrandSouthAfrica with #IHeartMySA. The picture that best illustrates the love for South Africa will be deemed the winner.We want you to share your pride in our sports teams, your love of being together, the natural beauty of the world we live in. We will share our warmth, the good times we share with our extended families. We want you to tell the stories of your success and the better world we are creating.Using the #IHeartMySA, we will inspire each other to show off the best of us. We will build themed collages showing off South African’s national pride and the hospitality of our neighbours.The prize includes accommodation at a four-star resort with breakfast and dinner for two. It excludes any travel and extra costs incurred by the winners. For more information, have a look at the terms and conditions.So don’t hesitate to follow us by using the handle @BrandSouthAfrica.See you on Instagram.last_img read more

  • 10 months ago​Liverpool axe last straw for Man Utd midfielder Pogba

    first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say ​Liverpool axe last straw for Man Utd midfielder Pogbaby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveItalian newspaper Tuttosport claims that Manchester United star Paul Pogba is fed up at the English club.Pogba was an unused substitute as his side were bested 3-1 by Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.It was the third time in the league that he had failed to get a start.And the paper claims that Pogba wants out of United. He could even push for a January move.Juventus and Barcelona are the two clubs credited with an interest, while it is possible Paris Saint-Germain would also desire Pogba. last_img

  • LNG Canada celebrates the 1000th Trades Training Fund Apprentice

    first_imgTo date, $1.5 million in TTF funding has helped cover the costs of training for apprenticesdeveloping their skills in high-demand trades.According to a press release, when McTavish begins her Level 3 training at the College of New Caledonia this month, she will become the 150th LNG Canada TTF placement there.McTavish recently celebrated the triple-milestone in Prince George with Tracey MacKinnon,Workforce Development Manager at LNG Canada, Chris Atchison, President of BCCA,Ray Dussault, electrical trades instructor at CNC, and Ben Primus, Marissa’s employerand the owner of Primus Electric.Tracey MacKinnon, Workforce Development Manager at LNG Canada, says LNG Canada will continue to fund the TTF as they recognize it as a valuable program.“At LNG Canada we recognize the valuable role all British Columbians play in maintaininga vibrant skilled workforce, not only for the emerging LNG industry but for the prosperity of industries across B.C. We’re proud that our program is connecting people to successfulemployment in their local regions and acknowledge the leadership of the employers whoare sponsoring apprentices.”To apply to the LNG Canada Trades Training Fund, you can visit the BCCA website. VANCOUVER, B.C. – LNG Canada is celebrating and the B.C. Construction Association is celebrating the 1,000th participant in LNG Canada’s Trades Training Fund.Marissa McTavish, an electrical apprentice from Prince George, has become the TTF’s 1,000th participant and her employer, Primus Electric, the 500th employer to sponsor an employee with the Fund.Launched in the Fall of 2015, the LNG Canada TTF is administered through the BCCA tosupport industry and apprenticeship training in the construction sector across B.C.last_img read more

  • Changed insolvency norms by April next to speed up process

    first_imgNew Delhi: The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) is in the process of being changed to be effective from the next fiscal to accomodate the fast changing creditor-debtor scenario, according to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI). The IBBI on Saturday invited comments from stakeholders and the public on making changes to the current regulations notified under the IBC, 2016. The changes the IBBI is looking are in the regulations under Voluntary Liquidation Process, 2017, Fast Track Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process regulations, 2017, Liquidation Process, 2016, and the Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons, 2016, among others. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalRecent developments like the Supreme Court striking down the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) circular last year on banks resolving their massive non-performing assets (NPAs or bad loans) has also made a case for review of certain criteria in the overarching laws of IBC,” the IBBI said in notice. “In a dynamic environment the stakeholders could play a more active role in making regulations. They may contemplate, at leisure, the important issues in the extant regulatory framework that hinder transactions and offer alternate solutions to address them, in addition to responding urgently to draft regulations proposed by the regulator. This is akin to crowdsourcing of ideas”, it said. “The comments received between April 20, 2019, – December 31, 2019, shall be processed together and following the due process, regulations will be modified to the extent considered necessary. It will be the endeavour of the IBBI to notify modified regulations by March 31, 2020, and bring them into force on April, 1, 2020.”last_img read more

  • Staying active in midlife depends on mental wellbeing

    first_imgLondon: Staying physically active in midlife depends a lot on your overall satisfaction with life or mental wellbeing a decade earlier, not just your physical health, suggests new research. Men and women with high mental well-being at the age of 42 were more physically active at the age of 50 compared to those who got lower scores in mental well-being at age 42, said the study published in the journal Applied Research in Quality of Life. The researchers investigated mental well-being through three dimensions: emotional, psychological and social well-being. Also Read – An income drop can harm brainEmotional well-being indicates overall satisfaction with life and a tendency to have positive feelings. Psychological well-being refers to experiences of personal growth and the purpose of life. Social well-being tells about relationships with other people and the community. The researchers found that leisure time physical activity did not predict later mental well-being or subjective health, but mental well-being predicted physical activity. Also Read – Shallu Jindal honoured with Mahatma AwardIt seems that mental well-being is an important resource for maintaining a physically active lifestyle in midlife, said Tiia Kekalainen from University of Jyvaskyla, Finland. For the study, the researchers gathered data from over 300 people at ages 42 and 50 by questionnaires and interviews. Walking was related to emotional well-being, rambling in nature to social well-being and endurance training to subjective health, the study said. “Although exercise did not predict later mental well-being or subjective health in this study, exercise is important for current mental well-being and health,” Kekalainen said.last_img read more