Tag: 杭州想约的加我

  • Conservative government reasserts control over state broadcaster

    first_img June 2, 2021 Find out more News August 8, 2012 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Conservative government reasserts control over state broadcaster News RSF_en Help by sharing this information Two Spanish journalists killed in eastern Burkina Faso SpainEurope – Central Asia Follow the news on Spain to go further Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EU RSF and 60 other organisations call for an EU anti-SLAPP directive SpainEurope – Central Asia (Picture: France Info) Receive email alerts News December 2, 2020 Find out more April 27, 2021 Find out more News Reporters Without Borders is deeply concerned to see that several journalists with a reputation for being critical of the ruling Popular Party (PP) have been removed from the state-owned broadcaster RTVE, which consists of five TV stations and five radio stations.”All the movement of personnel under way within RTVE seems to confirm the worst fears of a reassertion of political control that were voiced when the method of appointing its directors was changed in June. It is sad to see the state media again being turned into a political battlefield at the expense of the public’s right to diverse and balanced news and information.”RTVE is abruptly turning its back on the progress achieved in recent years as regards independence from the government, progress that had been reflected in increased viewing figures.” Ana Pastor, the well-known host of TVE’s morning programme “Desayunos,” was fired on 4 August although the number of its viewers, around 5 million, was very high of that time of day. According to TVE, she left because she turned down a management proposal that she should switch to an evening programme.But Pastor said she was offered no concrete alternative and was told to “wait a few months.” On her Twitter account, she said she was “fired for doing journalism.” Pastor is known for her uncompromising interviews and for responding when PP accused TVE of a left-wing “bias.” Pastor’s ouster is one of a series of such moves since June involving RTVE staff critical of the tough austerity policies being pursued by conservative Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy’s government. The first to go were several people in senior management positions. They were recently followed by Alicia Montano, the director of the current affairs programme “Informe Semanal,” and Canal 24 Horas journalist Xabier Fortes.The head of news at TVE, Fran Llorente, was accused of “political bias” and replaced in June by Julio Somoano, the former head of the local TV station Telemadrid, although nearly 70 per cent of the staff expressed their opposition to Somoano in vote of no-confidence.All these personnel changes have taken place since Leopoldo González-Echenique, a senior official in a previous PP administration headed by José María Aznar, took over as RTVE’s chairman in June, becoming the first person to be appointed to the post since a change in the method of naming the heads of state radio and TV stations was adopted on 20 April.Previously, two thirds of the members of parliament had to approve the appointment of RTVE’s chairman, but now only a simple majority is required. This gives PP a lot of leeway. The government said the change was needed to end the paralysis at RTVE since July 2011, in which RTVE’s chairmen were rotated every two months because PP and its main rival, the Spanish Socialist Workers Party (PSOE), could not reach an agreement.”The state broadcaster has to be able to function in a sustainable manner but guaranteeing its independence of the government is no less crucial,” Reporters Without Borders said. “The politicization of RTVE currently under way must stop at once and a new reform must be adopted in order to eliminate any suspicions about the independence of those in charge.”Such issues are far from being a matter of concern in just Spain. Several other members of the European Union, including Slovenia, Portugal and France, need to rise to this challenge.” Organisation last_img read more

  • Pensioner to face rape charges at central criminal court

    first_imgPrint Report by Andrew CareySign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up A 62-year-old man has been sent forward for trial to the Central Criminal Court on allegations of rape and sexual assault of a young Limerick girl over a five year period in the early 90s.The man, who can not be named for legal reasons, had been charged before Judge Eugene O’Kelly at Limerick District Court last February after he was arrested at his home in the Northside of the city.This Wednesday, the book of evidence was served and he was sent forward for trial to the Central Criminal Court.Facing a total of 33 charges, gardaí originally arrested the man after a complaint was made by the young woman. He made no reply when charged.The charges relate to dates between 1991 and 1995 at locations in Limerick.The 62 year-old was remanded on continuing custody on his own bond of €1,000 to the current sittings of a the Central Criminal Court. Facebook Advertisement NewsBreaking newsPensioner to face rape charges at central criminal courtBy admin – October 10, 2013 1212 Emailcenter_img Twitter Linkedin Previous articleSupermacs boss to address post budget Limerick breakfastNext articleMunster ‘A’ side named for B&I opener admin WhatsApplast_img read more