Tag: 无锡魅力花都关门了

  • Entrepreneurs to vie for funding

    first_imgTo mark their second consecutive year conducting the Business Development Forum, the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) has announced the launching of a grant for entrepreneurs who can present the best business plan.A section of the gathering at the launching of the Business ForumThe forum, which is in its second consecutive year, was launched under the theme ‘Evolve your brand; fuel your finance’. At the launch, GCCI Vice President Timothy Tucker made the announcement of the grant, which entrepreneurs in the room would have to vie for. In order to be picked, however, their plans will first have to be evaluated by a GCCI panel.“This year, the GCCI is pleased to announce the launch of its small business division fund. There will be a grant of $300,000, to target an individual, with a small business idea, who would like to see it come to fruition. So all those budding entrepreneurs and people studying their MBA’s and have a great business idea, will have an opportunity to sign up at this event,” Tucker said.GCCI Vice President Timothy TuckerHe added that the GCCI evaluation panel will analyse the applicants against a given set of criteria— including the business’ capability, potential for growth, profitability and environmental benefits. The winner will be announced within four weeks.Tucker noted that beside the grant, winners will also receive technical support for their business growth from the GCCI. In addition, the winner of the grant will receive a year’s worth of free membership within the chambers.The forum was first launched last year. The two-day forum will conclude today. The GCCI partnered with organisations including the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Republic Bank and the Business Ministry.Among the speakers at the event are businessmen Rosh Khan and Vishnu Doerga, Rowen Willabus and Nigel Deosaran— who will deal with Initial Public Offerings (the act of putting company shares on the stock market).last_img read more

  • GARDAI CONFIRM NEW INQUIRY INTO DONEGAL MAN MISSING SINCE 2003

    first_imgGARDA detectives have confirmed that they have launched a new investigation into the disappearance of a 64-year-old man in Dungloe eight years ago.This Saturday marks EIGHT years since James Curran simply vanished.James left his home at Cois Locha in Dungloe on July 16, 2003 and despite a massive garda operation, he his whereabouts remain a mystery. A native of Min Charraic, James lived alone at his lakeside home. He was last seen collecting his pension in Dungloe on Wednesday July 16th.Gardaí are keen to speak to a man who rang Mr Curran’s sister Madge Coyle, stating that they had given him a lift in his car following his disappearance.Inspector Sylvie Henry at Glenties Garda Station said today: “I am particularly interested in talking to a man who rang Madge and stated that he had given a man fitting Mr Curran’s description a lift around the time of the disappearance.“We are unsure what kind of vehicle this man was driving. I want that man to come forward. We are also interested in speaking to anyone else who may have given Mr Curran a lift in the Dungloe, Gaoth Dobhair, Gortahork or Falcarragh region.” The single man didn’t drive, had difficulty walking and relied on buses and lifts to get around the area, often getting lifts to his sister’s home in Bloody Foreland.Gardaí are also keen to speak to any bus drivers who may have seen Mr Curran getting on a bus during this period which was before the 2003 Mary from Dungloe Festival.RUMOURSGardaí said that they are keen to ascertain hard facts in relation to this case and urged the public to disregard any previous rumour and speculation that surrounded this case.Gardaí urged anyone who has any information to contact them at the incident room in Glenties Garda Station at 074 95 51080 or the confidential garda line 1800 666 111. All this information will be treated in the strictest of confidence.Gardaí are particularly interested in hearing from donegaldaily.com readers abroad who may have information on the case.Said sister Madge: “Someone out there has to know what happened to him. He can’t have just vanished. Someone has to have seen him or spoken to him.“He would never have spoken much in the last ten years but if you spoke to him he would talk to you. You couldn’t describe him as thin and he was a little taller than me which would have left him around 5’3.” His grand-niece Brid Mhic Phaidin said: “He just didn’t vanish into thin air. Someone must know. You cannot help but find his disappearance suspicious. If he fell into a ditch we would find him. If anyone out there has anyone information about what happened to him we would like them to call us.“We would also like anyone who rang or spoke to us initially to call us back. If we had to search in the morning we do it all again. We don’t believe he is alive, he is gone too long for that, we are his family and we knew him and we know that he wouldn’t just disappear.”GARDAI CONFIRM NEW INQUIRY INTO DONEGAL MAN MISSING SINCE 2003 was last modified: July 14th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Gaoth Dobhairjames curranmissinglast_img read more